Thursday, August 16, 2007

Well I am now sure how much to say but I am getting the swing of things around here. I have registered for my classes and I am super excited. Apparently the first couple of weeks nothing really happens but I am going to try and go anyway. Most of the departments haven't put up timetables yet so I still don't know what time my classes are being offered. I also am going to have to drop a class or two but that is ok. I will wait and see on the times and if I can understand the professors or not. So far I only know that I have Conflicts in African States on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30. I am also registered for Sociology of African Religion, History of Africa to 1500, Early Modern European History, The Black Diaspora, an introductory Twi class, Obruni Drumming, and Obruni Dancing. I am so excited about classes actually. I really want to take all of them. It is just so different from the states where everything is set when you register six months ahead of time. There is a lot of standing in line and going to various departments and then going again but that is ok.
Besides that I am just experiencing life here. I am eating a lot of really interesting foods and trying other parts of the culture out as well. Things are looking good!

No comments: