Monday, August 20, 2007

culinary frustrations

so last night was rough for me. i went to the atm and i couldn't get any money out so i was freaking out but i got some this morning and things are fine. I also tried fufu last night and it was so bad. i didn't even get a quarter of the way through because my gag reflex wouldn't let me. it tasted like i was eating spicy slimy cornstarch balls. then i tried roasted corn, no luck there either because it was dry and tasted like chicken feed. i didn't eat much of that either. other than an egg sandwich in the morning, this was the extent of my food. it was malaria medicine night as well. i was feeling like a drunk idiot because i didn't have enough food in my stomach and everything is closed on sundays. tanisha saved me with a piece of pizza. i have decided that tuesday night is pizza night and that is all there is to it.call me an obruni if you want and criticize me for eating american food, i don't care! over at the pizza inn, which is a rather expensive option they have buy one get one free night. two large pizzas for 7.40. sounds like a deal to me. i love rice, but i love everything else as well. the food is getting old very fast and i am realizing how important it is to take my vitamins. there are no vegetables here, just meat, starch, and the ocassional bean. no dairy here, so calcium is good. no vegetables, which sucks. i am not much of a meat person, and i am supposed to stay away from chicken but that is totally impossible. i would be nothing if i did that. so i may have to spend more on food to get adequate nutrition. i don't care though. sorry, just had to vent a little. i just want home food so much right now. eat some yummy stuff for me.

No comments: