Monday, January 14, 2008

rounding out the first week

School is going really wonderfully. I am back to the same predicaments as I had before though… at school we lost power yesterday morning and they just got it back about 5 minutes ago. I didn't have water at my house this morning so that kind of throws out running. I am not feeling super hot but I think that may just be nerves and stuff. Other than that things are great here. It has been super windy and I am running out of warm clothes. I should have just brought a fall wardrobe but it is all good because it should warm up soon. I have been at school most of the time but outside of that I have had the chance to walk around town a little bit and explore. Today we get out of school early and I am going to hang around for a little while and then make the hour long hike home down the mountain, it is really pretty that way. Today my friends from Samford are going with me so that will be exciting. Things are going really well.

As for my family, it is a little bit different than most other peoples because it is pretty much rosa and I in the house and she never eats with me or anything which is weird and if she does she just turns on the tv so it is she and I in the kitchen watching tv for breakfast and dinner. The only thing I don't like is the juice that my mom gives me in the morning, it is like a bad version f sunny delight, yuck. Otherwise, lots of fruits, veggies, beans, meats, and of course rice. Anyway, her son is staying at the house but I have only seen him a couple times and he doesn't really say much. Good thing that I can entertain myself. When Francella gets back from visiting her grandfather I am sure she will keep me good company. I might look into staying up here at school for my last month though because it is sooooo beautiful up here. The house with dorms is really amazing and I think it would be really nice but I don't know if there is a price difference. And if there is I don't know if my scholarship will pay for it, I will have to check it out.

I am sitting outside by the pool right now and it is incredible, I will put more pictures up when I can.

I am sure there is more good stuff to tell you but I can't think of it right now, my brain hurts. I love you all sooooo much!!!

No comments: